Saturday 30 January 2010

Easter Chicks!

I have started knitting some homemade Easter gifts this week.

They are so easy to make and I have been using up odd balls of wool, although I have ordered some fluffy yellow eyelash yarn to make some more.

The pattern is kn
itted in one piece of garter stitch.

  • Cast on 26 sts.
  • Knit 28 rows in Garter stitch
  • New Row – K2 tog, all across row.
  • Break off yarn leaving an end long enough to thread through remaining stitches.
  • Pull up remaining 13 stitches tightly and fasten off.
  • Stitch with a back seam then thread a running stitch through at this point to form neck.
  • Stuff head then pull up thread at neck and fasten off tightly.
  • I have used stick on goggle eyes that I had but you could easily just stitch them on. I also used some leftover felt to make beaks.

2 comments:

  1. These knitted fella's are really cool. You must enter them on Harry Hill's 'K Factor'. Found this blog after viewing Rainbowchilds blog earlier.

    Nicely done....regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)