Here is my latest monthly baking task. These lovely Oaty, banana muffins are suitable for both my Diabetic Dad and my 13 month old as they have low sugar and no salt, they are also super healthy because of the fruit and oats!
- 250g plain flour
- 75g Porridge oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 100g caster sugar
- 250ml corn or sunflower oil
- 2 medium-ripe bananas, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4. Prepare a mini muffin tin with paper cases or butter and flour the holes.
- Sift the flour, oats and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, caster sugar and oil together until pale and fluffy. Fold this mixture, and bananas, into the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, about a teaspoon per muffin. Sprinkle the extra oats over and bake for 15 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden.
- When cooked through, transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for three days or freeze individually.