Friday 27 April 2012

16 Week Check Up

Today I had my 16 Week check up with the Midwife all was well thankfully, she found a nice strong heartbeat (eventually after much searching to find the stubborn baby!) and even heard sounds that were apparently "pea" moving about.

According to the books and websites in my 16 week of pregnancy I should be " experiencing a glorious sense of well being" I am not sure which Utopia some of these writers live on but I can honestly say I feel as sick now as I did in the early stages, but then I did suffer the same with my 1st Pregnancy. 

With Aidan I was sick Morning, Noon and Night from the days before I found out until about 2 weeks after he was born, in the end they diagnosed Hyperemesis Gravidarum (extreme Morning sickness) and I was admitted to hospital 3 times due to dehydration so at least I am not THAT bad this time. The trouble is the Sickness makes you feel so miserable with absolutely no energy, I feel guilty that I haven't managed to achieve as much as I had planned during the day and I am lucky that Chris understands how poorly I am and that I am not just lazy!

What did you swear by when experiencing Morning Sickness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)