Monday 16 April 2012

Messing about on the.............canal!


Today Aidan and I went out for the day with my Mum and Dad to a lovely local village called Stoke Bruerne. Its a really nice place to go for a walk as there is a towpath alongside a canal, 2 nice little pubs, a few interesting little shops, a blacksmiths and lots and lots of narrow boats.


There are a few of these gorgeous little cottages along the canal, some are homes some are holiday lets. One was for sale so I had to have a little look and it is on the market for £225,000 oh well a girl can dream!



Mum and Aidan strolling ahead.
Visiting with the "Black Stick man" or what you or I would call a Blacksmith! He was a nice man and even let Aidan have a go.





We also had a trip along the canal on a narrow boat called Charlie which Aidan enjoyed a lot.




Afterwards we had lunch in "The Navigation" a nice pub with views over the water, my Birthday treat from my Dad. All in all we had a lovely day out and it didn't cost the earth, well it didn't cost me anything as it was my treat but you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)