Sunday 22 April 2012

Amazon Trade-In


I am a bit of a book fiend, actually no Chris and I are BOTH book fiends! Neither of us pay much for our books as they mainly come from Charity shops or are bought cheaply from Supermarkets or Amazon. The downside to having lots of books is where to store them all? Either side of our bed we each have a Bookcase, in our living room we have Book shelves, in the loft are boxes of books, in the kitchen there are 2 shelves of cook books.
 I love having them around but am I really going to re-read or re-use some of them? 

A few weeks ago I discovered Amazon Trade-In where using your usual account you can search ISBNs or Titles and see what books are worth. If you decide the price is fair Amazon will pay the postage and then once received and approved by them they credit your account with the pre-agreed price.I was pleased to discover some of ours, especially the cook books, were worth around £5 - £6 and who wouldn't want a few extra pounds for something that was just sitting on a shelf?

At the moment (until April 25th) they also will give you an EXTRA £5!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now my Account has a few ££££s sitting in it, I wonder what books I can buy!


**By the way, I am not being paid by Amazon to mention them although that would be ace! Just thought I would let you all know about a way to make a few spare pound**

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted about it I am going to have look, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I hope you make some extra pennies don't blame me if you spend them back on there though!!!

      Delete
  2. I never heard of this..but am very interested. than you!!! i will definitely check this out! we are all readers in this house.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of it either, so thanks for the heads up! I don't think my books are worth anything, but it's still worth a look, especially the travel books:-)

    Thanks for the tip and am pleased to see you've taken full advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definately worth checking Dannie. I have decided to save up any Amazon credit like this or from Swagbucks to spend at Christmas Time for presents so one less thing to worry about :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)