Monday 23 April 2012

Make do and Mend - well almost!

Friday Chris let me know that a couple of buttons had popped off of one of his work shirts  and in the spirit of Homemaker/Stay at Home Mum-ness I decided I would sew them back on rather than throw it out like I would have previously. 

I found a matching cotton and some suitable buttons, I neatly sewed them back on taking time and care. The shirt was then washed and Ironed and looked as good as new ready to be worn again.

This Morning he put on his new again shirt and left the house for the office looking smart..................................................and returned with a tear from elbow to cuff after catching it on some computer equipment! 

I am good at some things but invisible mending isn't one of them!
Any suggestions for re-using the material?

4 comments:

  1. With invisible mending you can make your cloths as new as they are when purchased. Whether it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure with some skill you could make it look right again, unfortunately I don't think I possess these skills! :-)

      Delete
  2. Could use as dusters, or use for making home made presents.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade pressies is a greta idea Thanks Dannie :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)