Wednesday 25 April 2012

Stay at Home Mum!


Had to share this with you, it made me laugh so much when I saw it posted on Facebook! 



A man came home from work and found his 3 children outside, still in their pyjamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn around garden, walking in the door, he found ...an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, the throw rug was against one wall, In the front room the TV was on loudly with the cartoon channel, the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pyjamas, reading a novel... She looked up at him, smiled and asked how his day went. 
He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' 
She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?...
''Yes," was his incredulous reply..
She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'


5 comments:

  1. I read this and loved it! So very true, its about time people realised how hard mums really do work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris hasn't asked me yet but I am saving this for when he does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tough on my kids - if they made a mess, they had to clean it up. I bought brightly coloured boxes and that encouraged them to clean up their toys. As adults, one is very good and lives in a very tidy home, the other one still needs to be reminded. As I don't like mess - I made sure it didn't happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately I agree, Aidan picks up all his toys each night he grumbles but it gets done!

      Delete
    2. I am yet to train my husband. I still have a tools in my kitchen from 6 weeks ago!!! They are a little harder to change and I am perhaps a little softer and forgiving :)

      Have a nice day.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)