Tuesday 3 April 2012

My first day of "retirement" was lovely and made me stop and think "hmmmmm this IS why I stopped working".

It started with some pottering around whilst Aidan had breakfast, I did some washing up and then put on a couple of loads of laundry. When he has finished we sat and watched one of his favourite programmes together before going upstairs to tackle the folding and putting away. He `helped' me by sorting which clothes were his and which were mine or Daddy's. After we did some drawing, it was supposed to be Easter printing but I realised I didn't have any spring colour paints, and then I carried on with a few more chores whilst he had an apple for snack.

After dinner we walked into the Town, a 10-15 minute walk, and we bought a huge bag of bananas for £1 and a bag of mixed seedless grapes for 70p. We popped to The Early Learning Centre and I was really pleased to find they have a sale on so for £5 we managed to get a huge bottle of yellow paint and one of pink, 4 finger paint pots in primary colours, a huge bucket of jumbo chalks for drawing in the garden and 4 paint brushes of different sizes. Whilst in Town we also popped into the Library, I didn't get much of a chance to browse but Aidan was delighted to find a "Timmy Time" book and also a "Thomas the Tank engine" one. I fear he may not have fully grasped the concept of a Library though as he was most upset when I told him we could bring them back next week to swap them for others "No Mummy they are my books I not bring them back"!!!

By the time little legs had walked back from Town they were flagging a little so once home we sat and ate a Pink Strawberry bun each then both had a nap! That's right BOTH had a nap, it felt quite decadent to have a snooze in the Afternoon! Once I woke up I left him to sleep on whilst I did a few more chores and started getting Tea ready, its amazing how the smell of sausages cooking woke somebody up!

After picking up Daddy from work, making a few Avon delivery's, bedtime bath and then having our tea I was ready for bed myself. Whoever thinks this Stay at Home Mum lark is easy really needs to do it for a day or 2! Today will be quieter as Aidan has gone to Nursery this Morning and this Afternoon we will be visiting my Mum and Dad, I guess I really should get on with some jobs around the house but the lure of the Internet got me first!

Have a great day all x x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day :) I hope you get the books back to the library lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm it is a bit of a concern isn't it! I think I might do well to return them earlier and then take him back to choose more as I can't imagine a toddler meltdown would be very well received in a library! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely and like you guys got to spend quality time together. Not saying it is easy, but it is good fun and sounds rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)